Walt Disney World is a top destination for most families. Hopefully, this will give you the information to plan your trip stressfree. With all the information out on the internet, including thousands of blog posts and Facebook groups, it can easily be overwhelming when even thinking of planning a trip.
There very first thing you need to do for your Walt Disney World vacation is create an account on My Disney Experience (MDE). There is also an app that you can download to your phone. You will want to do that because you’ll be using it while in the parks.
MDE is where you will make your resort reservations, buy your park tickets, make your dining reservations and select your fast passes for rides.
Decide what type of resort you’d like to stay at. Walt Disney World offers many choices from value resorts to deluxe villas. You can read about each of these resorts on MDE to choose the perfect resort for your trip.
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Once you’ve gotten your resort picked, it’s time to choose if you’d like to add on a dining plan. There are three dining plans offered:
By adding on a dining plan, it will give your vacation that “all-inclusive” feel.
It’s time to add on those park tickets. You have a few options to consider here too. Read through MDE to determine which will suit your needs best.
- Admission to 1-Park per day; or
- Park Hopper Option
Be sure and mark your calendar for the following dates. I HIGHLY recommend you take advantage of these dates and make your Advanced Dining Reservations and FastPass+ selections. They will open up at 7 AM.
- 180 days before arrival you can begin making Advanced Dining Reservations.
- 60 days before arrival you can start making your FastPass+ selections if you are staying on property.
- 30 days before arrival you can begin making your FastPass+ sections if you are staying off the property.
MDE will be sending you emails along the way to help guide you through this process. Be sure and read the emails you get, they will contain valuable information.
Have a magical time at Walt Disney World!